Gift-giving to Cats: Why it is Worthwhile
It may seem pointless to give a gift to your cat because they cannot express, in the same way as we do, whether or not they appreciate our gift or whether they want one at all. However, the fact that your cat will often bring you gifts in the form of a dead bird or mouse surely points to the fact that they do understand the principles behind gift-giving. They understand what it is to reciprocate, to give something back in return for all the love and care you give them. In addition to giving your cat love and care, when you give them a gift you are communicating to them your unconditional love as well as giving them attention and focus. Your cat will undoubtedly pick up on your display of affection and feel further happiness and contentment. So the next step is to think of what to give them. Here are some suggestions.
The most favoured gift that cats appreciate is edible treats. Treats are in addition to their meals and are offered in small portions when you feel your cat is in need of some reward. You may want to give your cat the treat when you come home from work or a day away.
Cats love catnip, otherwise referred to as cat mint. You may want to grow some and then plant it in a small section of your garden dedicated to your cat. Beware, some cats get obsessed with the herb and destroy it. If you do not have a garden, you may want to leave a pot of catmint on a window sill.
Toys with catnip are also very popular with cats. You can simply make one by sewing two pieces of cloth together and studding it full of catnip. You could also buy a toy that contains catnip.
Cats also like to chase pieces of string or ribbon and so you do not have to go out of your way to spend too much n your cat just to please him or her. Ribbons left over from parties and presents will do just fine. This may not seem like a gift to you but the hours of entertainment it will give your cat certainly warrants it a gift in this respect.
Another ideal cat gift is a bought or hand-made fishing rod. The handle makes it easier for you to avoid getting scratched as your cat tries to catch the fluffy toy attached to the end of the string.
Bringing a feather back from a walk in the park is also a good gift to give to cats. Cats may chew the feather or chase it. If you let it fall from a high enough position it will make a swirling movement that keeps your cat entertained.
If you do happen to be on a beach and find round objects such as sea balls or small sea sponges, then this also makes a good gift. Cats like to kick these light balls around the room.
Finding cardboard boxes for your cats to play in is also a worthwhile gift. They may want to use it to sleep in, if it is big enough, or play in. Either way, it will be appreciated.
Cats often seem to decide for themselves where they want to sleep. Many cat owners go out and buy expensive baskets for them to sleep in that they just tend to ignore. However, if the basket has some catnip in it, they may change their mind. They may then discover exactly how comfortable it is compared to the window sill.
Building a cat play area with climbing trees, boxes and tunnels is the ultimate gift for your cat. This area will be fully appreciated and your cat will spend many fun hours hiding and climbing around.
Little Expense for a Great Deal of Fun
These are just some ideas of gifts for cats. As you can see, you do not have to spend any money to get their appreciation. Objects that may seem ordinary to us can cause a great deal of fun for cats. If you prefer to buy your cat gifts that is also alright. This way, you know that the gift it designed and tested specifically for your cat’s entertainment.
Do You like to Spoil Your Cat?
Why have a cat if you aren’t going to spoil him? Cats know their place in the home and you can guarantee that they are number one. They demand your love and attention and you are always willing to give it to them to keep them happy. You want your cat to be happy, even if it comes at the cost of spoiling him.
What does “spoiling” mean to you when it comes to your cat? Do you buy him the best food, the best toys, is his climbing and scratching unit the most elaborate you could find? There are a ton of ways to spoil your cat including lavishing him with the most fun and unique cat toys available to cats today.
If you’re looking for some of the best ways to spoil your cat, keep reading. The following 8 gift ideas will not only make your cat very happy, but he’ll know he’s one very spoiled kitty!
8 Gifts That Will Spoil Your Cat:
- The Purrfect Arch – Cats are always looking for a good back scratch. But you don’t have time to sit and scratch her for hours. If your cat has a back scratch fetish, help her get all the scratching she wants with the Purrfect arch, built with soft yet sturdy bristles she can sit under and rub against in any position to get all her scratches relieved.
- The Roomba – This is a two-for-one gift. Your cat will love chasing this sweet ride and when he catches it, it magically shwooshes him around the room. Like an amusement part ride in your home for your cat that will keep him occupied for long periods of time while you get your floors clean.
- Kitty Mobile – Mobiles aren’t just for babies. Mobiles will entertain your kitty for hours, giving him something to swing and bat-at for pure entertainment. You’ll get lots of laughs watching your cat act silly and goofy attempting to get the objects dangling from the mobile. A self-entertaining toy that’s sure to spoil your cat.
- Their Own Special Chair – We all love having our one spot to call our own. Maybe it’s a favorite couch, spot on the floor or big comfy chair. Your cat wants her own soft, special spot where she goes to relax, nap and watch the activities of the house. Get her, her own special chair where she can be queen of her castle when she’s in it.
- Hooded Litter Box – Your kitty will feel like she has her very own bathroom with privacy when you give her an enclosed, hooded litterbox. One extra special touch to help her to feel spoiled is to give her privacy.
- Laser Pointers – The chase is on! Cats love to chase and to give them a little interruption to their mundane day by playing with them with their own laser pointer. Swivel it around the room, over the floors, furniture and walls and let them run scurry and dive for the light. Your cat will have hours of fun with the laser and you’ll enjoy the laughs.
- Cat Nip – No cat should be deprived of a little cat nip. This special treat will keep your cat feeling happy and frisky!! Let her indulge on her favorite treat – put it in her favorite toy, the end of a sock or however she loves to get at it best. Spoil her with cat nip anytime you want to give her a little pick-me-up!
- Scratching Post – Your cat wants to scratch – that’s what cats do. But your furniture can take a real beating if you don’t give your little fur ball something to scratch on. Indulge your cat with his own scratching post set-up. You can find elaborate posts they can climb, lay on, tumble around on and hangout in. Do your homework and find a post that will entertain your cat with scratching, climbing and relaxing.
Spoiled Cats are Happy Cats
Your cat deserves the very best. He gives you so much love and affection, why not show him how you love him by giving him gifts he will love and enjoy every day? From feeding him right to giving him fun and unique gifts and toys are ways you can give your cat a healthy, fun and exciting life. You can find gifts that fit your cat’s unique personality that will bring out the best in him.